The seven awesome attitudes to adopt for building wealth and achieving part-time revenue streams online. If you adopt these attitudes there really is no way you can lose in internet marketing.
An above 50% Positive Attitude
Be more positive than negative. Start identifying limiting beliefs and don’t get bogged down with other peoples limiting beliefs. Most people, including your family and close friend, will never understand this whole work from home internet marketer thing and they probably won’t appreciate your goals right away. Don’t let them influence your thinking.
These are people who are still stuck in the outdated attitude that you have to go out and get a job and work so many hours a week for somebody else in order to have a stable income and be a respectable member of society. Well, I’ve worked at plenty of places and I’ve experienced and seen a lot of layoffs. Job security seems to be getting rarer and rarer.
The smart people, I believe, are the people that have an open mind toward new technology and new opportunity and use their time to find ways to carve out a stream of their very own income using the internet as a way to make money on their own time.
Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” ~Zig Ziglar
One limiting belief about money is what I like to call it “age excuseitus”, the belief that we are either too young or too old to start something. That belief is basically ridiculous as far as I’m concerned. It’s almost never too late to start earning income online. Even if you’re over 40 you can establish online revenue streams.
If you just rely on standard jobs your age can work against you. Getting let go when your older can suck because there are always younger people willing to work for less. But when it comes to building your own online business your life experiences can be one of your greatest assets.
You won’t have to worry about getting fired and you won’t have to beg anybody for a raise. You create your own bonuses simply by putting in more time or creating new solutions or running new online campaigns. If you focus on results you’re going to get results but if you focus on excuses you won’t get results you want.
Internet marketing is so much easier and less stressful than the regular job world. Without being glued to a certain location for eight hours a day you gain the freedom to travel more and work where you want to work.
A Curious Attitude
You’ve got to be willing learn something new every day. Set aside at least 15 minutes a day to personal development, learn information about becoming a more successful person in all areas of your life including business. This could be from;
- A Daily Podcast or Show
- Books or Audiobooks
- Personal Development Courses
- Internet Marketing Courses
- Other free online resources like blogs and Youtube.
The most successful internet marketers never stop learning. Learn as much as you can from other people and take action on what you learn. I feel like an attitude of action goes without saying because if we become paralyzed by overanalyzing things knowledge has no value unless its put into practice. It’s important to apply what we learn.
You don’t have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great.” ~Zig Ziglar
Attitude Modeled Off What Works For Other People
An entrepreneur surrounds themselves with winners and model their success. You want to surround yourself with other positive, successful people, whether they work in internet marketing or not, and model your habits after theirs. Learn about their daily routines, these people could be;
- People who live near you that you are able to spend time with.
- Experts you meet by hanging out in online forums.
- People who go to mastermind groups.
- Anyone you begin a correspondence with who has a successful business you believe you can model yourself after.
Pay especially attention to their morning routines. I have found other peoples morning routines the most interesting. Many of the successful people out there have very specific morning rituals they do from the moment they get up in the morning to the moment they sit down at their computer. They have specific steps they follow to get clear, get their energy where it needs to be, and get focused on a successful positive day.
Find out whats working for other people and model you own attitude, business, website, content, sales pages, and sales funnels after theirs.
An Attitude of Creativity
Everyone can create, a creative mindset is a key to unlocking prosperity. A lack of creativity is most likely due to becoming close-minded which happens naturally as we grow up in negative reinforcement, social norms, and harsh discipline. You don’t have to be an artist or musician, everyone has an imagination and the ability to be one of the most creative forces in the universe. Develop open-mindedness, disregard society’s labels and live life through a lens of curiosity.
Your attitude, not your aptitude, determines your altitude,” ~Zig Ziglar
Creating your own digital online information products is the fastest way to build wealth online. Creativity is needed to create streams of income online whether you are creating your own product or you are crafting content like articles, videos, and pictures.
A Relationship Building Attitude
It’s all about building relationships. If you try tackling your own home-based business alone you’ll be severely limiting your expertise, your income, and your fun. Successful internet marketers are constantly building and strengthening relationships with other internet marketers. A lot of internet marketers are creative cleaver fun loving people. Make friends, learn from them, make money with them. Here are a few ways to build relationships;
- Run your own mastermind groups. If you are able to make friends in your own area then set up your own mastermind group. Get together at least every month at a coffee shop, restaurant, hotel or wherever. Lead the group and exchange information, strategies, and tactics.
- Create an online mastermind group. If there are no other internet marketers in your area you can meet up with then you can set up an online group. Forums and communities like Warrior Forum and Wealthy Affiliate are full of thousands of internet marketers in all sorts of niches. Once you have built some relationships, set up a private group on Facebook or Google where a member can post a message or share their information anytime.
- Reach out and provide value. You never just want to take without giving in return, understand value for value. There are all kinds of ways to give value to a person, make them want to listen to you, and make them want to work with you instead of just shooting off emails and begging people to work with you.
- If possible attend events and conferences. These are tremendous opportunities to network and build relationships with people. They can be rather costly to attend so only go if you education budget is at that level.
A Value for Value Attitude
Always provide value, the concept of providing value should apply to all areas of your business. It’s how you build a loyal base of followers and customers. When you seek to provide value first and you look at making money a secondary you will win more fans an gain their appreciation and trust. Which of course leads to more sales and more money for you. Some examples of providing value include;
- A free gift for the email opt-ins. Create a really good free gift you can give away to entice, bribe someone into joining your mailing list.
- Bonuses and other freebies. Instead of hammering your list with offers all the time.
- Take some time to put together some really good quality content like special reports and videos or audio interviews with experts.
- Set up a blog. Spend some time each day blogging and really sharing good, helpful, and entertaining information.
- Write good messages that are not just sales pitches, you should always include helpful tips.
- Understand your customers. Understand their problem and what they are trying to achieve so you can help them first and sell them something second.
Overdeliver, it’s all about bringing good will. This all plays into the psychological principle of reciprocity. When someone does something nice for us for free we feel a moral obligation to do something for them in return. When your subscribers and customers feel that you are overdelivering and giving them a lot of free help and free advise they will feel compelled to take a chance on buying whatever it is you want to sell to them.
An Attitude of Diversification
Aim to create multiple streams of income, an average millionaire has seven. If you only have one source of income from a standard job you are working for a fixed income and training your time for their money and there is a limit to the amount you can make. Stop trading your time for money and start thinking in terms of residual income, the continuing revenue you can generate after the work is done.
Residual income is what internet marketing is all about. There is nothing like waking up on a Sunday morning to check your account and seeing that you made hundreds of dollars on a day where you did no work at all. I believe internet marketing is one of the greatest forms of residual income there is.
Wheather you take time to build streams on the side or you have the ability to build streams full time, the safest solution to be wealthy, be in total control and enjoy freedom for you and your family is to have multiple streams of income.
Never depend on a single income, make investments to create a second source.” ~Warren Buffet
Keep multiplying the money you make. With a single product, you can create several passive income streams. Wheather you have your own product or you’re promoting somebody else’s product as an affiliate you can always build an email list of subscribers to which you can promote additional products. With a blog, you can create a stream of income from your own products, product reviews, promoting products, earning ad revenue, creating sponsored content, and more.
Once you have established a stream of income online keep it simple and replicate that stream promoting other products in the same niche or different niches.
- If you read this whole thing pat yourself on the back.
- Start practicing and adopting these seven attitudes.
- Create a new positive habitual attitude.