Every successful blogger wrote in obscurity for many months, if not years, before their audience showed up.” ~Jonathan Milligan
A Proven Roadmap to Becoming a Full-Time Blogger
Honestly the best book I’ve ever read, or shall I say listened to, about blogging so far. The audio version is five hours of powerful information and I highly recommend it. I still go over certain parts every so often. Narrated by the author himself and full of solid advice and good resources for becoming a professional full-time blogger.
- Title: The 15 Success Traits of Pro Bloggers
- Author: Jonathan Milligan
- Genre: Small Business & Entrepreneurship
This is the book to get if you want to understand what makes a successful blogger.” ~Lane Watson
A useful resource for bloggers. Jonathan Milligan peels back the curtain of full-time professional blogging for anyone who is interested in taking blogging to the next level.
Others totally agree, our rating reflects the 4.8 out of 5-star rating at Amazon and out of 119 there was only one three-star review for this book! I knew when I started listening to this book that it was going to be good and it did not disappoint me. It shares a framework which is both practical and values-based. A roadmap that will be just as relevant 10 years from now because The 15 Success Traits of Pro Bloggers is not just about the latest tools and software. Tools come and go but principles are always true.
With so much advice online and so many things to do it can be hard to know where to spend your time. Johnathan has gone through the experiences many full-time bloggers have felt and spent many years interviewing, discussing, interacting, and learning from other full-time bloggers. He deconstructed what they were doing, and created a roadmap to follow. If you want to earn a serious income as a blogger you have to adopt the mindsets habits and systems of full-time bloggers. If you are tired of all the confusing advice out there it’s time to settle into a process you can trust.
His book helped me channel existing skills, desire to add new ones and set attainable set of goals. Of all the hundreds of self-help books I’ve read, this is my #1. It works without fuss or complicated measures–his plan becomes internalized and truly drives you.” ~Stuffologist
Solid, simple and clear guidance for bloggers.” ~ktBeyond
If you desire to build an online business, be a better blogger, podcaster, coach, platform builder, or online entrepreneur, this book is for you. You can do it, you just need a proven roadmap to follow.
This book encompasses a proven pathway that has been approved by other full-time bloggers, insights based on Jonathan’s six-year blogging journey and evergreen advice that highlights proven principles.
Two Free Bonuses Exclusive to Book and Blog Readers
- One page roadmap that outlines the entire book. A PDF you can print out and hang next to you as you build your online blogging business. It reinforces the 15 success traits your about to learn about in the book.
- Free video training series. If you want to dive deeper into what it takes to go from a passionate idea to a profitable online business then you will want to grab their free video training series.
I really enjoyed Jonathan’s book. It had excellent foundational advice, along with a supportive posture, to help me move further into embracing blogging. He draws on strong quotes, has practical suggestions, and provides an excellent framework for becoming a great blogger. I personally often now use “What would make today great?” as a part of my morning routine, and love his P.I.E. method of engaging people. (You’ll have to read it to find out what that means!) I highly recommend this book.” ~ Nicholas Howard
- Why Blogging? It’s important to know why blogging is so vital to building your online business platform.
- The Blogging Success Pyramid A clear and concise roadmap anyone can use to become a full-time blogger.
- The Inner Game Of Blogging Mindsets & limiting beliefs.
- Passion What you love to learn and do that shows your talents.
- Confidence The deep belief that your message is needed in the world.
- Patience The ability to value the long-term over the short-term.
- Resilience The expectation that everything is solvable.
- Consistency The faith that showing up regularly will create momentum.
- The Four Keystone Habits of Pro-Bloggers
- Create Using text, audio or video to get your message out to the masses.
- Capture The artful exchange of value for email addresses.
- Compile Packaging your knowledge and perspective into your products and services.
- Connect Build community with other passionate influencers.
- The Three Systems Every Pro-Blogger Needs
- Processes Scaling your business through documented checklists.
- People Leverage your time through other talented people.
- Plans Expand your brand through well thought out plans.
- The Two Best Ways To Leverage Your Business
- Learning The ability to unlearn and sit at the feet of your peers.
- Listening A constant awareness of the goals, passions, and struggles of your audience.
- Trust & Authority The ultimate gift from a lifetime of serving others.
- Putting it all Together
The only blogging book you’ll need to be successful and keep your integrity and passion alive.” ~Queen of Swords
I started off with the audiobook version but it was so good that I had to get a physical copy so I could highlight and bookmark the heck out of it. You can get whichever way you’ll learn it best. You can read from a book, on a computer tablet, or listen via Audible or audio cd. Everyone has their own learning modality, if yours is visual the author also produces video training through his websites and a free video training series with the book.
- Read or listen to The 15 Success Traits of Pro-Bloggers
- Print the one-page roadmap and hang it where you will see it daily.